Document Studio hangs using Merge in a Single Document function
I’m using Document Studio to send data from Sheets into Slides, using the “Merge in a Single Document” option.
- I am using a filter in sheets to hide rows I do not want to merge.
- The Sheets document is 570 rows long (although I want to merge the rows in batches of 60).
- The Slides document I’m merging the data into has 20 markers.
- Export format is Microsoft Powerpoint, and it’s set to upload to Google Drive.
- The merge works perfectly when creating slides from 6 rows of data.
However, when I try to merge more than 10 rows, the processing hangs at the “appending presentations” stage. This is what happens:
- the Slides documents for each row in Sheets is created (i.e. 60 Powerpoint files)
- Document Studio then shows “Working” and “appending presentation #1”, “appending presentation #2”, etc.
- Processing reaches “appending presentation #10”
- After this, no more “appending presentation” notifications appear. All I see is the “Working” message and the rotating circle.
In Google Drive, I can look at the unfinished ppt file and it shows slides created up to the penultimate column of the 10th row in Sheets. Basically, Document Studio successfully merges 199 markers, then it hangs.
I’ve run this several times, and each time processing gets stuck at the same point “appending presentation #10”. I’ve let Document Studio run for over 2 hours, but the processing never finishes.
I’ve also run this with the Export Format set to Google Slides. Same result.
I’ve also run this with only 14 markers in the Slides document. Processing also hangs, but it hangs later, at “Appending presentation 17” (242 markers were successfully merged).
I’ve also tried reloading the Sheets document and running Document Merge again, but it starts the processing from the beginning, not from where it hangs, and the processing hangs at the same point as before.